Thursday, August 5, 2010

Less than 24 hours to go...


I'm continuing my world jaunt this year with a ~3 1/2 week trip to Tanzania, Africa! We will be traveling via Germany to Ethiopia, and finally into Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, where we can hopefully secure work permits (and meet our translator and guide) to collect sediment samples from the bottom of Lake Tanganyika, Africa's largest rift lake (and also the world's longest at 418 miles; thanks Wikipedia!-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Tanganyika). During our field work, we will be based in Kigoma, situated at appx. 4 degrees south of the equator (see map above).

I should have internet access and hope to update with photos regularly. The comments function should be properly activated this time, so leave me a post or email me at krmarra@gmail.com.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment